APEKS was incorporated on the 18th October, 2007 as a Microfinance Bank and commenced banking business on 1st April, 2008.
The bank was given license by the Central Bank of Nigeria to operate as a Unit microfinance bank on 13th March 2008 having met the required statutory minimum capital of N20million.
The bank presently has an authorized share capital of N150million. The bank’s major assets among others include diversified ownership in various professions, well-structured microfinance practices for robust and skilled personnel.
- Our dream is to become the No. 1 microfinance bank in Nigeria.
- To create wealth by the provision of first class microfinance services.
- Provision of financial services to the economically active poor in the country especially to those in the rural areas.
- Skill acquisition programmes. Poverty alleviation programmes through employment generation.
- Capacity building for micro-entrepreneurs with a view to providing micro-credit for sustainability.
- To provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified Customer-base that includes low income earners and households, lowered entrepreneurs, the under banked and high networth individuals (HNIs) among others.
- To provide viable business models that provide access and financial empowerment to those on the base of the economic pyramid that constitute 80% of the about 165million Nigerians and also provide appreciable returns on investments.
- To provide credit to customers, especially small and medium enterprises, low income earners and ensure effective loans usage among beneficiaries. Render business advisory and non bank financial services to our customers.
- To encourage saving culture to ensure sustainability in business of each customer as a tool to poverty alleviation in Nigeria.